Aug 13, 2008

June Cleaver minus the pearls, on steroids

Today was a day that may never happen again. Imagine the scenario of arriving home, knowing your house is a wreck, putting your boys in for naps and then not knowing exactly how much time you'll have to clean the house, fold the laundry piles, and make dinner for guests arriving in 4 hours. That was me today. Somehow - call it God's Grace if you care to or believe in that - but Alex slept for two hours. TWO HOURS! AHHHH! Here is what I managed to do in two hours.

1. Empty the dishwasher
2. Reload the dishwasher & start (empty again when it was done)
3. Make two lasagnas
4. Sweep & mop the kitchen floor
5. Scrub the mac-n-cheese from the kitchen table, alone with the oatmeal smears
5. Fold and put away 5 loads of laundry
6. Clean two bathrooms including one shower
7. Dust the entire downstairs (don't even think about asking when I will get to cleaing the "rec (or wreck - your choice) room" upstairs.
8. Vacuum
9. Clean the kitchen counters
10. Vacuum the back porch & clean the litter boxes for the cats
11. Drink a hot chai tea latte
12. Set out all the plates & cups for the company
13. Start two more loads of laundry.
14. Make my bed (never happens unless we have to give a tour to someone)

ALL THIS BEFORE ALEX WOKE UP! Once he woke up I fed him and then forget it - he doesn't let me do anything. I just chased him around making sure he left our electronics alone.

So I was so happy to have all this done today, then have my sister, her family, my parents and my Grandpa Al (who had never seen our house before - hence the mad cleaning dash) over for a nice dinner. And it's so nice to have my house feeling cleaner right now. Love it! I wish I had this time, energy and motivation more often.

0 comments: