Aug 30, 2008

Sarah Palin - OMG?!

Ladies & Gentlemen - are you kidding me? Seriously?

I am so confused over this VP choice. SOOO confused. I have to say, I love it though! How many topics of thought can seriously make you mad while laughing until your sides hurt?

Yay, props to the GOP for picking a woman. Way to show reform, progression. She agrees there is such a thing as global warming! That's a start! She just doesn't think it's caused by mankind. Hmmmm...?

Sarah Palin insults me and I hope she insults other women out there. First she gives kudos to Hillary Clinton for putting those bazillion cracks in the highest glass ceiling. Then she slaps her in the face and basically says "ha ha, you couldn't do it, but thanks so much for doing all the hard work - i'll just go ahead and finish what you couldn't!"

For those Hillary supporters out there still bitter that Obama won let me say this - it's not Obama's fault really. It's the media. It's Clinton herself in some ways. It's the GOP in Florida for moving up the damn election here and then the DNC punishing us for something we couldn't control. It's Michigan's fault too. All backed and orchestrated by the GOP. Florida and Michigan wanted to play more of a part in the electoral process. Guess what - we did! Not in the way we intended though.

People - stop projecting your disappointment and turning it in to blame for the wrong person. Hillary Clinton is special - and Sarah Palin is NO Hillary Clinton. If you vote for McCain/Palin to send a message to the DNC for screwing over Clinton - well then thanks so much for screwing over the rest of the country. You should have moved to Canada when the rest of this delusional country put Bush back in office the second time. Oh wait - that was the Supreme Court, never mind.

I mean no disrespect to those of my family and friends who voted for Bush. That's your choice. Keep it, own it, live it. I'm just as entitled to my opinion. I still love you all.

Nothing screams insulting like putting a former pageant queen in to office. I know, I know... pageants are not about glittery dresses, skimpy bikinis, and answering questions with something like "I personally believe that US Americans are unable to do so because, uh, some people out there in our nation don't have maps." Of course - these girls are competing for college scholarships and for helping charities, being spokeswomen, etc. All I have to say is watch Little Miss Sunshine or the CW's Crowned show sometime. I know there are some great women out there in these pageants. I believe that. But there are enough bad women to put a huge social stigma on the whole concept. Let's send that straight to the White House. Come on America, get out and vote for the beauty queen. It's the American Dream.

Let's not forget that Palin was on the cover of Vogue too. That's important for swinging over the women voters of America. Vogue. All I can hear in my head is Madonna right now. Vogue is such a great representation of the American woman. I don't know. I haven't seen the demographics of their circulation. Maybe it's exactly what every average woman reads. I like to look at the pictures and compare them to America's Next Top Model now. But I don't aspire to be any of those women and I don't know many people who do.

How about that McCain doesn't even KNOW HER? Let's go there. He met her six months ago. Don't you think you want the person at your back to be someone YOU trust? Don't you want someone with experience who you KNOW will make good President & Commander in Chief, especially if you KNOW you have had cancer and are 72 and KNOW that there are a lot of people who don't live that long to begin with? How can you KNOW she will be a good President if you croak while in office if you've only known her for six months? How responsible is this kind of decision? If that's your first Presidential choice then we should all Run to the Hills. (ha, a little Rock Band reference for all you fans out there.)

I didn't mind McCain until he became a candidate for the presidency. He was fairly moderate and seemed to stand up against the party at times. Talk about caving in now.

I love the people out there who have blasted Obama for not having international experience. How does that crow taste? I hope Biden devours her in the debates. The GOP and media have been brutal in their attacks on Hillary Clinton. So no crying "Foul! She's a woman, a mom, a nurturer!" now.

I have to breathe. Seriously I think of myself as a personally conservative, socially liberal person. I do stick up for my opinions though and for the rights of people different than me. I also like to stir the pot in political discussions by being the dissenting opinion. I've gotten in to serious trouble because of this too. I'm not a bad person for thinking differently than you.

If you can give me some great reasons why this woman would make a great Commander in Chief, please, tell me. And they have to be better than the feel good story of how Palin made the game winning shot in her basketball high school game. Way to be a hero and dig in deep for the team!

Ugh. The more I think about this the more insulted I get. I seriously hope my opinion changes when this woman starts talking. I hope Palin opens her mouth and the prose that follows rights the wrongs of the world and answers the questions of the universe. I hope that I write my own rebuttal to this post with things I like about her. I hope I can be open minded enough to listen to her without the taint of pageantry, hypocrisy and questionable accountability. I hope all these things for Palin... but I seriously hope, beyond all hope for this country, that Barack Obama and Joe Biden are the next President/VP of the United States of America. As a woman I don't want just any woman breaking through that ceiling. I want the right woman. And I will wait for that!

0 comments: