Ok so moving, holidays, Brandon's birthday... we're finally coming up for air. After closing the door yesterday to the last of our visiting relatives I have gotten more done towards organizing this house than I have in WEEKS. Before it was just moving and hiding clutter. Now it's going to places it should go because I have the time to sit down and think about what I should do with it. It feels so good. I know I'm entering middle age when I am excited about the prospect of organizing my garage for the sole goal of being able to park our cars in it again. Seriously. I'm giddy at the idea. Then, after several hours of loafing, playing with Brandon and soaking up a ton of football on TV, I'm cleaning off my desk in our home office... and happy about it. I can see the surface again. I still have bills to file and a financial spreadsheet to update (which I'm scared to do after all the holidays!) but I've made GOOD progress. And it feels good. What has happened to me? This morning I was delighted to sleep until 7:26am. I turn 30 this year. It shows.
Do you have any New Years resolutions? Why do we wait for the New Year to do things like get in shape or eat right? What keeps us (myself included) from using this regular day as some mile marker or pillar for change. It's silly. Why not start whenever you think about making the resolution? I don't. But I should.
On a side note... check out www.knowledgenews.net. Joby got me into it. They send out news articles about very interesting topics and give you a short and sweet little history lesson. Usually the article is about current events and what led up to it being a current event, or about people in history or the news. It's an interesting way to educate yourself, and certainly good for conversations.
Jan 1, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment