Jan 16, 2007

Tues Evening Fun

We discovered American Idol last year while we were living with my parents. It was good quality family entertainment and a show we could all sit down and enjoy together. Dad liked Elliott Yamin... I didn't. It provided entertaining evenings. We especially loved the tryout shows. Now, the new season has started and we're back to the tryout phase. And once again, I find myself darkly addicted to watching people utterly humiliate themselves on national television. I could digress here by talking about politics but I won't. Anyways, I feel bad laughing at these people, I really do. But I have to wonder why they think they should go on the show. A chance to meet Paula, Randy and Simon? Seriously are they that worth it? Is your public humiliation worth meeting them? I guess so. Let's take this woman. She like, has a degree in vocal performance. She and American Idol are like BFF. And Ace Young drawing a heart on her wrist that she had made in to a tattoo made her heart throb (puke in a bucket - oh wait, that's just me) So what I want to know is where do you people come from? I want to live there. Seriously. I have to say I can admire someone who just lays it all out there and takes a risk. That's scary. I love someone with passion and spirit with goals and ambition. I just like to see those people have a dose (however big or small) of reality to balance their dreams. Until then though, I will be one of the reasons why this type of show is successful. It's dark. It's twisted, totally mean and yes, sometimes it makes me feel better about myself. I laugh when I know I shouldn't. And I cry sometimes too. But only because I laugh too hard.

1 comments:

BekABoo said...

Hey girl! Blogging is fun. It's especially nice when you don't really have friends around to chat with about daily life. I got in through my mom. I'm an Idol fan too. I just can't bear the early episodes anymore. I'm too embarrassed for them! Congrats on the job and new house. Hope all's well with the fam